Thursday, December 27, 2012

Happy Holidays!!! Bouncin' Ball #3, Have A Life

Happy holidays, everyone! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I'm currently on break from work and from school. It's nice to be able to relax and just take each day as it comes as opposed to scheduling every single hour of every single day.

I always felt guilty if I didn't work every single day and if I didn't I felt like I wasn't working hard enough. Taking a break and stepping away from my art and work is one thing that I had to really get used to. I think that this is especially true in animation. It's good to be able to step away from your work from time to time and just live life. You only get one and it goes by so quickly so make sure to not take it for granted!

You need to experience what life has to offer not only so that you can live life to it's fullest, but also so that it will feed back into your animation. I regard animator's as the actors of animated films (I'll touch on this subject more in another post) and when we act out our shots for reference, we try to draw upon feelings and emotions that we've experienced in the past to get the most honest performance possible. If we don't have any experiences to draw from, then how can we get an honest performance? This touches a little bit on a topic I'd like to talk more about in another post that I'll entitle "Method Animating".

So go out and have experiences, feel emotions, and live life! Happy holidays! Keep that ball bouncin'!

Stephen

No comments:

Post a Comment