Tuesday, December 11, 2012

The Bouncin' Ball Blog

Hey there! 

Welcome to The Bouncin’ Ball! The Bouncin’ Ball is a blog on animation theories, principles, lessons, findings, teachings, philosophies, and all of the above. All of which I encounter, experience, or am exposed to through learning this magnificent craft. Since there is no wrong method, workflow, or any drop dead rules in animation, I thought it’d be very interesting to hear what others have to say about many of the things I encounter or think about along my journey. 

These entries are based off of my experiences through animation life (what I learn, read, research, watch, etc.) and are just my opinions and ramblings. I was an animation student, graduated from an animation school in 2008, have been working since then, and have recently become a student again. 

A lot of what I will bring up will be closely related to what I initially learned in college and how that compares to what I’m re-learning now. I’ve already experienced a number of occasions where what I’m learning now completely transformed how I thought about certain things in animation that I’ve learned in the past if not shattering them altogether and I can’t wait to hear what everyone thinks about them. It may also be about what I encounter while at work. There are things that I learned in school that were more or less true when it came to the workplace. 

So in short, yes, this is just a place for me to empty my brain and rant. I hope you decide to join me on this adventure through animation. Keep that ball bouncin’!

Stephen

No comments:

Post a Comment